The Giant Mobile Camera – Gingerbread version is taking form. Looks almost like the Giant Mobile Camera now, doesn’t it?
A week ago or so Tromsø Fotoklubb was featured on NRK, the Norwegian Television. We had a happening in Tromsø, where we took ULF portraits of bypasses on 11×14″ direct positive paper. The Giant Mobile Camera was used as a dark room that day.
See the program here: Norge Rundt December 4. 2015
The last exposure, but already an old one. It was made during the Lofoten International Photo Festival in March 2015.
First the negative:
The negative is 100x250cm big (40×100″).
The negative was photographed in Galleri Lille Kabelvåg, and digitally inverted to a positive:
The solar eclipse March 20, 2015, as seen inside The Giant Mobile Camera
The Giant Mobile Camera will be present at the Lofoten International Photofestival 2015 from Thursday 12. of March to Sunday 15. of March. Now it is waiting for a pair of new tyres, and while there are no wheels, it is supported by two strong “tripods”
The Giant Mobile Camera is also ready for Pinholeday 2015, April 26. Where is not yet decided.
Today I developed the negative that I exposed on The Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2014 in Tromsø. Here the paper negative is laid out on the floor ready to be developed.
The negative almost ready, applying fix with a sponge.
After rinsing the negative is drying in a frame made for drying and stretching large fabrics.
This was the only one pinhole picture I made on Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2014, but it was probably enough (for me 🙂 ).
Tomorrow is Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, and The Giant Mobile Camera is ready to stand at Stortorget in the center of Tromsø. This is the first time the “cameravan” has been on the move this year, and all went well. Not as last year, where we had a small accident on our way. Tomorrow the cameravan will be open for the public from 12 o’clock.
Inspired by yesterday’s successful “test strip”, I went inside the cameravan and lined up a full 2,5 meter length of photo paper (EMAKS KX), and 1 meter wide.
With 3 mins and a tiny bit larger aperture than yesterday, I got an almost perfect exposure. After exposure I took the paper to the darkroom, taped it to the floor and developed with a sponge. The sponge had some funny contents that made a strange effect here and there, but mostly it looked very good.